Legendary and very rare Volkswagen Bischofberger Kranich Star II, vintage car, surfmobile, rolling home, completely self-contained. We offer our one-of-a-kind camper – the palace among the T25/T3´s. Its absolutely unique. It was built in the 80ies by a small german company who did one-off-conversations like this. We bought the motorhome in 2020 and did a full restoration including insulation with 25mm armaflex, rebuilding the walls, refurbing the furniture and sealing all windows and the whole motorhome. We did cavity preservation and underbody protection.
The air-cooled 2.0 CU boxer engine with its rad sound was refurbished by an air-cooled specialist (invoice available) and fitted two new Weber IDF 40 double carburetors. Ever since the engine just ran 8.000 km.
The motorhome comes with many cupboards and a basement that provides a lot of storage under the living room, a rack for two surfboards inside, a 3.50 m wide awning and a small roof terrace.
The sleeping area in the overhead cabin comes with a new mattress (1.30m x 1.90 m). The U-shaped seating area in the living area can be converted into an additional bed, so 4 people can sleep comfortably. The 2-burner gas stove works perfect, the sink comes with a new Katadyn-water filter that provides clean drinking water. The new 80l Dometic compressor fridge, is like everything powered by the solar system. The original Truma gas heater works great. You can live and travel full-time and self-sufficent in summer and winter.
– Solar system with 2 x 180 W solar panels, 250 Ah AGM solar battery, Victron MPPT controller
– Katadyn water filter for drinking water quality, new water pipes, 3 x 30l water tanks in the basement
– 2 x 40l under floor gray water tanks, Lilie water pump
– Connection for outdoor shower
– 6 USB sockets
– LED lighting inside
– Truma SL 3002 gas heater
– 2 burner gas stove
– 12V 80l Dometic compressor fridge CRX 80 with freezer
– Gas and CO2 detector
– cabinet for 2 x 5 kg gas bottles
– Surfboard rack for 2 boards up to 7.6” in the living area
– 2 Fiamma skylights with mosquito screen 40 x 40 cm
– 6 windows in the living room, 5 with mosquito screens and blinds
– many cupboards and a basement for loads of storage
– cabin door with storage compartments
– Thule Omnistor 5200 awning (3.50 m wide)
– Aircooled 2.0l CU engine (approx. 80 hp)
– Weber IDF 40 double carburetors
– additional 13-row Setrab oilcooler with VDO temperature gage
– Aluminium valve covers „Evolution“ with diagonal ribs for better cooling
– 4 new Trailmaster shock absorbers
– 14“ white wall tires and genuine Volkswagen hub caps
– first date of registration: 06/1982
– Mileage: 205.100 km (engine 8.000 km)
– max. weight: 2.500 kg
– Vintage registration
– TÜV(NCT/MOT/ABK) until April 2023
– price: 32.000€ o.n.o.
The motorhome is a charming classic from the early 80’s, perfect for traveling comfortably. It sounds and drives great, perfect for cruising along with 70-80 km/h on country roads. We lived in it full-time for 1 year and drove across Europe. In fact we did not miss anything.
If you would like to see more pictures check our Instagram #southboundandout or send us an e-mail.
We are willing to ship the motorhome anywhere for the costs incurred.
Open to offers.
mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / phone: +4915752082740